The importance and benefits of volunteering are astonishing for everyone involved. From student service projects to corporate social responsibility and everything in between, giving back has the ability to make a difference in the world and to everyone living in it.
To put it simply, volunteerism matters. For instance, did you know that one in three people volunteer on average? It’s true — check out more volunteer stats below!
- Coming in at 51%, Utah has the highest volunteer rate out of all 50 states.
- Volunteerism is on the rise - growing from 62.6 million volunteers in 2016 to 77.3 million in 2018.
- Almost 80% of volunteers donated to charity, compared to 40% of those who didn’t volunteer.
- Women out-volunteered men 27.8% to 21.8%.
- Volunteers raised nearly $167 billion in 2018.
- Volunteering keeps you physically and mentally active and helps you live longer.
- In terms of education, most American volunteers have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- The majority of volunteers are Gen Xers and Baby Boomers.
- In 2018, volunteers were most likely to be parents with children under the age of 18.
Learn how your company can start tracking its own volunteer stats by scheduling a demo!